Saturday, July 16, 2011

Kolob Canyon: Poetry Review




Dr. Danielle Dubrasky asked me to spearhead an exhibition that showcased 7 poems from her advanced poetry class about the Kolob Canyon. She had written a grant specifically to make an exhibition that would be accessible to the Outdoor Initiative: an organization that promotes outdoor education through all humanities. She gave me the money and all the power to do exactly what I wanted. Naturally, with all that power, I commissioned someone else to do the dirty work of font design and I'd design the exhibit. I asked Mitchell Grimshaw to aid in the design of the exhibition and invent a new font. We decided on a "Christo-esque" design with a southern Utah palette. For three years I have wanted to do an outdoor exhibition, and I finally got what I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment